I am definitely gonna have fun writing this 😂. Definitely a funny prompt after all these searching we had to do after the scavenger hunts. Thank you to Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads for coming up with all these prompts and look here for how she would catch a bookworm!
📚 🚀 📚
- Like, yes, my parents did teach me about Stranger Danger and everything… but if I saw a white van with Free Books marked written on the outside… I would absolutely go in. Just imagine – what if they were NEW RELEASES IN HARDCOVERS. What if they were like the special book boxes editions? Or like arcs of of your most anticipated releases. Come on!
- Growing up, Belle was always my favorite Disney Princess. Can you guess why? Was it the giant library? Of course it was the giant library! What else could it be? I think if you combine this and the previous one you could get a good amount of readers 😂
- Do this and you’ll have a reader in your life forever – when we get upset at something that happens in the book or happy because we are multi-faceted – just LISTEN to us. Sit there, nod occasionally, and just let us rant/rave about whatever. For me I’d prefer someone who engaged rather than just sat and listened, but whatever. We like to talk about the books and we like to talk ABOUT them TO someone.
- I’m a big believer in couples having their own hobbies and enjoying them by themselves/with other people. You don’t constantly need to be around another person to enjoy them (marriage is another thing but also even there you should still spend time apart, enjoying your hobbies). If you tell the reader in your life: Hey, take this day to just read. I’ll clean/cook – they’ll love you. Or like: Hey, I know I wanted to have friends over today but you just got your new book – we’ll go somewhere else and leave you to devour your book. I’ll check up on you occasionally.
- And lastly, do you know what’s great – when a partner doesn’t turn their nose up to their partner’s interest in books and such. If the bookworm in your life wants to read Goosebumps or romance book all day – LET THEM. I would FOR SURE dump someone if they turned their nose up because (for example) I read Young Adult when I’m no longer one and so forth.
📚 🚀 📚
This turned more into a ‘how to catch and keep a bookworm’ post but you do have to keep a bookworm after you catch them, so these tips help for both 😂 Okay, that’s it for me! What about you? What are the ways you would try to catch a bookworm or maybe you have been caught by someone else who bought you all of your favourite books. Tell me all!
2 thoughts on “Top 5 (ways to catch a bookworm) Tuesday”
Haha the first two are really great!! Absolutely same.. also- just throw books at us 😉 ideally taken from our everlasting long list of tbrs!! (Or wishlists in this case)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! That’s exactly how I’ll stay with someone – if they just give me books 😂😂 (well one of the reasons, of course)
LikeLiked by 1 person