Can you BELIEVE that I actually finished some series this month? Okay, sure, 3 of them were rewatches so 😄 but progress imo? Onto the reviews!
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters 5 🦎
- I’m a big fan of Godzilla 😄 I did watch this when it came out but wanted to go again in a run-up to Godzilla vs Kong – and actually pay attention to the plot and not just roar roar 😂
- I did love the plot a lot and now I really want to go watch all the other Godzilla movies 😆 even if the graphics won’t be the best compared to what we have now – but still!
- King Kong 5 🦍
- This is definitely one of my favoruite movies. Like you have your favourite movies, and then you have your favourite favourite movies 😄
- As great as Jack Black is with comedy and singing, he absolutely SHINES in this very more serious role. I’m forever annoyed at finding out that he could’ve played Star Lord/Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy because now THAT’S something I’d love to see!
- It is, however, a massive movie at 3h and yes, I do (very frequently) watch like 3 – 6 tv episodes in a row 😅 but it’s, of course, massively different… somehow.
- Kong: Skull Island 5 🦍🏝
- Also another really good movie! Also just a stellar cast. Just fantastic 😄
- I really like the tone and feeling of this movie – and the soundtrack. It’s so good.
- See, these are good examples of reboots/remakes that can be good! Don’t buy into the hype that all remakes are bad and also – the world isn’t going to blow up if you watch a bad (ish) movie! I promise!
- Scooby-Doo 5 🐕🔍
- Yes, lol I watched this again. I remember exactly what happens in this one but I can’t remember what happens in the second one – which I still need to finish.
- I do remember that my mom made us walk out of this movie at the cinema 😂😂
- It’s always so funny that they make Shaggy out to be a stoner… But they can’t make him an ACTUAL stoner because kids movie. So I guess they just make him a funny guy who really likes to eat all the time and say stoner-type things? Like his favourite name… Is Mary Jane… It’s hilarious!
- But I did go a-looking at the IMDB trivia (my favourite) and the movie was actually like rated R and had a ton of different things (like stoner!Shaggy and they had to tone it down immensely for a PG-13 movie 😄)
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron 5
- I saw a tiktok talking about the music of this movie so obviously I had to watch it 😂
- It’s still such a good movie – the music and the narration – just both so so amazing!
- The Veil 5 🏠
- I really really love this movie! It’s just so so good! I’m always so intrigued by cults and the culture of being in one. And also it’s a horror movie so double fun for that!
- Lily Rabe is once again perfection (when isn’t she? 😍)
- Godzilla vs Kong 5 🦎⚔🦍
- Yes, I’m Team!Godzilla for this 😄 no hate to Kong – I do really like him, I just like Godzilla more 😂
- The Deaf character is played by a Deaf girl and from an all-deaf family so we love to see it!
- I loved this! It was so great and just a good monster/fight movie.
- Love and Monsters 5 ☢🐕
- THE DOG DOESN’T DIE. YOU’RE WELCOME. I was sitting there throughout the movie, like sadly waiting… for the dog to die 😢 BUT THEN HE DOESN’T!!
- DYLAN O’BRIEN – and when I saw him I instantly wanted to rewatch teen Wolf 😆 Mabe I’ll use that as an reward? Like if I get to x% on Netgalley, then I can start rewatching!
- When I first loaded the title… The subtitles gave me a scene from Shrek (the onion – ogres have layers scene) 😂 then it went away and I had no subtitles – which I just can’t do. So I just watched something else and went back to it later and the subtitles were ok? It was just so funny.
- It’s so good!! If you’ve seen this around and was maybe thinking of it or want to watch a post-apocalyptic movie that’s really good – here’s one!
- FOUND FAMILY! It got me a lil sad and I nearly cried in this because of the found family 😅
- It’s just REALLY REALLY GOOD and I love seeing post-apocalyptic movies/series because I love seeing abandoned buildings/cars etc it’s so cool. And also the building of a community and fighting off whatever antagonist there is.
- Thunder Force 4 🦸♀️
- I really hoped I would like this because I’ve seen conflicting reviews but I love the actresses so 🤞🏻🤞🏻
- Okay, so I did really, bizarrely like it. It’s really funny and it was so cool to see female superheroes a) not in skimpy suits 🤷🏻♀️ and b) being the main supers and not like side characters for male supers (that being said, Ant-Man and the Wasp is different because the Wasp carries her own beautifully and isn’t treated like his sidekick).
- As I said, I really love both main actresses – Melissa McCarthy is a fantastic actress and she’s just so funny and Octavia Spencer is amazing with her versatile acting skills.
- But what on EARTH was that crab man… I have… All the questions.
- Antz 2 🐜
- Who comes up with the idea that ‘Oh the movie should start with an ant… Speaking to an ant… Therapist – who’s yanno – ALSO an ant’ and where do I sign up to get that sort of money?
- Like if you can get paid for THE BEE MOVIE SCRIPT and this, honestly.
- This is… Totally not a kids movie. They LITERALLY just said the word ‘er*tic WHY WERE WE ALLOWED TO WATCH THIS?
- The Amityville Terror 1 🏠
- Hopefully this will be better than the other Amityville remake I watched – the one with Bella Thorne and Cameron Monaghan. Like I love Cameron so it was sad to see (that it was bad). I don’t like Bella Thorne – anything she’s been in, lol. Anyone know what her original hair colour was? Because every time I see her she has a different one – no hate!
- See the problem I have… Is with how teenagers treat their parents/relatives. Like OK, if their family is a bad family, that’s another thing. But if they’re good and just not doing something the teenager doesn’t like – that’s where I can’t deal with? I guess it’s different because the way I grew up – you don’t disobey your elders for anything/about anything, and if you do… You’ll feel it. So we quickly learnt I guess 😂 A big reason why I switched off Ladybird so quickly 😂
- It is… not good. A little better than the Bella Thorne one, still bad.
- The Invisible Man 3 👤
- Elizabeth Moss, is as exceptional as ever and I really need to finish Handmaids Tale lol.
- Is this the book? Because I have a copy of the Invisible Man?
- OK, so this went places that I did not expect it it to but it was actually good??
- I was really really Confused because I thought this was like a proper ghost story but it’s actually like a psychological story and just left me very confused.
- I liked it, but just very confused overall.
- Secrets of Sulpher Springs 5 🏨
- Amazing and I love it so much. I RACED to watch it every Friday and was so upset that it’s only 30 minutes because I felt I finished those 3 minutes in like 20 😂
- I was SO UPSET to find out that one Friday THERE WERE NO MORE episodes because the season ended and it hasn’t been renewed yet.
- Please renew it. I need to see my kids again 😭
- It was really good? Sure, it’s probably more made for kids but I really liked the story and the characters were so fun and I just really enjoyed it!
- Shadow and Bone 5 ⚔🌟
- Listen, I have been so utterly, utterly happy and excited when we first heard about this and have been following it VERY closely and I am so so happy to say that they did it magnificently. The casting? Like how did they manage to achieve such absolute perfect casting? Literally every time I see one of the characters I’m amazed at how accurate the casting was.
- And? I actually liked Mal in the show? Which is weird because I didn’t like him in the books so I went into, ready to be annoyed when I saw him on the screen and I wasn’t? Like what is this?!
- I binged this instantly and now I just want to watch everything again.
- As much as I loved seeing everyone (GENYA, GENYA MY DARLING), there is one character who truly SHINED over everyone else. And that is… MILO THE GOAT. Netflix, please, where is his profile icon? Currently I’m Kaz, but I’ll also settle for a Matthias (one of my favourite characters☺
- This is literally everything I wanted. I love the transitions from the one series to the other. And how they managed to fit the 2 series and tie them together.
- Also I did not even know that Zoe Wanamaker is in this but I was happy to see her!
- Arrow Season 1 5 🏹
- Last time I was early in Season 3 (and season 1 of Flash) but this time I’m DETERMINED to watch everything!
- I thought maybe I would get annoyed at watching the first season again, but I didn’t. I liked going through everything, meeting the various characters.
- I’m glad to see that Felicity is still my favourite character and Laurel annoys me tenfold. I just… don’t like her at all.
- Stranger Things Season 1 5 🩸
- I realised I haven’t seen this series in a while, so of course I had to rewatch it 😂 I’m in Season 2 now so am waiting for Steve Harrington’s character development to fully come through.
- Also messaged my aunt to tell her I started it again (we’re both big fans) and I found out that we’re probably only get S4 next year… Which both prompted us to send crying emojis 😂
- The Babysitters Club 5 ☎
- Why yes I did binge the entire series and then put a hold on the first few books. I have a bundle copy of books 4 to 6, so I’ll read those soon.
- Dawn is my favourite. Stacey is my least favourite. Sorry if she’s your favourite.
- And… I might’ve cried 😂 I can’t remember if I cried the previous time I watched this, but I cried this time 😂
Yay! Once again, I included too many rewatches 😂 Maybe this month I’ll get to watching new movies? Or finishing series 🤦🏻♀️ I’ve got like 2 or possibly 4 I need to finish 😄
What have you been watching this past month? Did you also join the hype train and watch all of Shadow and Bone and now have to sit and sadly wait for Season 2?😢