I watched WAY more Christmas movies than I would like… ever. Most of them were very cliché and I didn’t mind it as much as I THOUGHT I would. Who would have thought that that I could actually like cliché movies. Or maybe only once in a while. And then right back to watching something I’ve already watched before.
- As Above, So Below 3 🥾
- Well most of the scariness is the claustrophobic feeling of the walls. I also think that I like this less every time I watch it. It’s not that it’s a bad movie, just not… good good, I guess. Definitely goes in the ‘trailer was better than the movie’ category.
- Also I told my mom I watched this and she was complaining about horror movies and I told her I would force her to watch The Descent because it’s MAJORLY CREEPY – and she’s ALREADY SEEN IT?? Or like half of it. MY MOTHER. Who jumps at car crash scenes in CSI! Who’s probably, maybe reading this! Love you, mom!
- Fired Up! 4 📣
- I think I always dismissed this movie as dumb but then my friend told me to just watch it and it was really funny and I ended up liking it.
- After seeing, well, cheerleaders and the Bring It On scene – which they just have memorised (which like, same), I just want to watch Bring It On again 😂
- Insidious 5 💤👹
- This is probably my 5th or so time rewatching this movie 😅 though I’ve watched The Conjuring probably around 9ish times.
- The music is still amazingly super creepy (Tiptoe Through the Tulips has been ruined for me – though luckily I don’t listen to it much, as in ever) and I still love the cast!
- Insidious: Chapter 2 5 💤👹
- Another fave sequel of mine! Most definitely because Barbara Hershey – I love her (have you seen her in Once Upon a Time? She’s amazing).
- Stargate 5 🌌
- Friend hasn’t watched any Stargate so I said we HAVE to start with the movie before getting to SG-1 – which is like 10 seasons. So that’s a bunch of watching 😅 And then we can get to MY baby, Stargate Atlantis.
- I also watched 10:57 minutes of this before realizing I WAS WATCHING ALONE!!! My friend thought I was still sorting things out!! And then that happened AGAIN where I watched 5 mins by myself!! So many things have happened while we watch or try to watch things 😂😂
- I maintain that it’s still a great movie but then again, yes, I am very biased. Can’t wait to get to the series and how dorky Daniel Jackson is and also Teal’c!! Whom I named a plant after!
- The Santa Clause 4 🎅
- Oh wow he’s upset beyond belief that he’s gaining weight…. Yay….
- Other than that, it’s still funny, although I am confused about the logistics and law in this movie because like… anybody could be Santa Claus if they picked up the suit. Like… even a murderer.
- The Santa Clause 2 4 🤶
- Mrs Clause acts as Ingrid in Once Upon a Time. In case you wanted to know why she looked so familiar.
- Am I the only one bothered that Santa Claus gets called Santa and all Mrs Claus gets is…. Mrs? Like okay, just say you’re misogynistic and leave. And also why do all the Santa-centric films HAVE to be about SANTA?
- Okay, rant over, this movie was really cute – mostly due because I really liked Carol.
- A Dogwalker’s Christmas Tale 3 🐶🎄
- This one was super cute and it was definitely, mostly because of the dogs. A little bit because Jonathan Bennett (aka Aaron Samuels from Mean Girls aka “his hair looks sexy pushed back” aka “On the 3rd of October, he asked me what day it is”) plays in it.
- Other than that – it wasn’t that bad! The romance was believable (and nice!). And dogs!
- A Princess for Christmas 4 🎄👸
- Honestly a big reason why I said OK to watching it was Katie McGrath. She’s just… so pretty. Have you SEEN her in the From Eden (Hozier) music video? It is just so superb.
- It was yes cheesy but also surprisingly sweet. The kids weren’t too bad!
- Godmothered 5 🧚♀️
- Ok so this one I really recommend 😂 It was super funny and was cute from start to finish.
- I didn’t even mind the cheesiness of the movie – which is saying something because, I mean, it’s a Christmas movie, obviously it’ll be cheesy.
- I would have liked more knowledge about the fairy godmothers – what they can do, their rules.
- Noelle 5 🎄
- Okay so basically misogyny is what this movie is about, right? like CLEARLY she’s the perfect Santa but because Santa’s ALWAYS meant to be a guy… It CAN’T BE HER and HAS to be her brother who’s TOTALLY not cut out for the job.
- I love Anna Kendrick so I was happy to see her. Plus the movie was super cute. With a cute sidekick animal and a good-looking love interest to boot!
- The Holiday Calendar 5 📅🎄
- Apparently Kat Graham is in a whole bunch of Xmas movies now? I saw like 2 but there could be a whole universe of Kat Graham Christmas movies.
- This one was really sweet!! It had a smidgen of magic and I’ve loved Kat Graham ever since The Vampires Diaries (where I still maintain that Elena should not have been the main character, but whatever).
- The Old Guard 5 ⚔
- FINALLY getting around to watching this loll. But now there’s a ton of Netflix Originals (new and old) that I still haven’t gotten around to so like… don’t ask when that’ll come in. I have no idea.
- THIS is the type of immortal stuff I want!! Not like ‘oh I’m a vampire, lemme attend high school for 40 times’ NO go save people and kill other people!
- And now I want to watch it again. And read the comics! And hope for a sequel!
- A Christmas Solo 4 🎤
- Oh so cheesy. But cute! See, I don’t mind cheesy movies, they just need not to be too cheesy, you feel me?
- So I probably wouldn’t mind watching this again!
- Elliot the Littlest Reindeer 3 🐎🦌
- The TITLE says Littlest REINDEER so I keep forgetting he’s actually a mini horse.
- I thought this would be super cute but it was just very average 😕
- The Princess Switch 3 👸🍰
- I know it’s like great to have really hot guys as the love interests with perfect pecs and abs but like???? Kevin is a BAKER. Sure, he’ll probably have some muscles if he spends a lot off time kneading bread and picking up trays (can you tell I’m more focused on eating baked goods instead of making them?)
- While this movie is funny and cheesy at the same time, there’s just so many things that could’ve gone wrong with this whole thing. Like, so many laws and stuff? Just have them be normal people instead of people in POWER.
- The Princess Switch 2: Switched Again 1 👸🍰
- My mom predicted one character’s motives (we were watching together and she stopped but I carried on. Wished I didn’t!
- HIGHLY doubt they’d allow a PRINCESS, soon to be a queen – to get married in an AIRPORT to a non-royal person without at LEAST. A month or like 6? of courting. Yes, I KNOW Christmas movies aren’t exactly the pinnacle of legit movies but I like to be a party pooper, OK?
- The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause 3 🎅
- Do I like Jack Frost? Very much, I think his powers are really cool. However, the best Jack Frost is still the one from Rise of the Guardians. Will forever be a favourite of mine.
- Other than the (partially okay) Jack Frost (and the super weird hairstyle), not really a film I’ll plan to watch again 🤷♀️
- Mr. Iglesias S3 5 👨🏫
- YESSS YESSS I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH. I’m so glad it got a third season and Netflix better not cancel it now!
- Now and then I do like to get a good dose of comedy and this show is definitely a good place to start.
- Mikey is just such a cutie pie and I love Walt so much. I love Grace too – she’s been my favourite character from the start.
Well, that was a whole bunch of Christmas films 😂 As I’ve said a few times before, I’m not one for Christmas movies but there are a few that I will allow 😂 What have you been watching lately? Or well, what did you watch in December as this is a whole month late… Come tell me!
If we’re friends and you think we’d do good with watching, message me and we can figure something out!