I admit, I’m a huge huge fan of tv series – like as much as I love movies, series are a bit better (there’s just always more – well, hopefully). So none of these favourites or least favourites are in actual order, because that’ll mean me having to pick and choose, and I just don’t want to do that. And there’s probably like 9 or something shows I forgot about to add to the favourites, but have included them in my currently watching list.
Also I have a lot of favourites and probably more that I’m watching currently so don’t judge – my ADD has fun juggling like 7 shows at once. And please, please take the time to roast me for not carrying on with good/your favourite shows in the comments. And – this is gonna be a long one. So get some snacks and do some finger exercises. Basically, just make sure that you exercise.
1. Favourite shows?
- Grey’s Anatomy – I’ve watched this show again and again since S1 came out and I will probably keep on going back to S1 and making my way through all 15 or how ever many future seasons there will be. I also love love love the B-Team with all my love, yes, thank you, they need more storytime.
- Skam – I’ve only watched the Norwegian version but really really need to watch the other countries’ versions too. But I really love this series because the characters have strong personalities (NOORA! SANA! ISAK!) and you get to see other countries and teens’ way of life. And you get to learn bits of another language! My friend and I use some words or phrases from the Skam (og)
- Teen Wolf – STILES STILES STILES. Teen Wolf has really good songs, like wow I take my hat off to who chose their music, well done. And all the monsters/villains are done really well, I commend the writers on that.
- Glee – I actually went and sorted all the music – like the songs from Glee – into their respective seasons and episodes. Why? I wanted to. But yes, I love Glee even though it’s a bit ridiculous and I roll my eyes a lot whenever Rachel says something Rachel and I do think other characters should’ve gotten more solos/storylines (*cough cough Quinn/Mercedes friendship. Kurt/Quinn friendship. Basically anything involving Quinn).
- Supernatural – I’m extremely behind on this one but I still love it very much – Sam and Dean and Cas deserve so much love and a lot of rest because those boys must be extremely tired after everything.
- Doctor Who – I’m watching it along with a podcast (I do have a podcast recommendation list drafted – even though it’s mostly tv shows) – so I did restart it to keep up (I believe I’m in the third season). But I do love Doctor Who very much. It has great quotes to use (wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff, don’t blink, and physics are some of my favourites), as well as amazingly strong characters.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – I’m very much like Charles Boyle (which I’m proud of) and a little bit of Amy Santiago. I just really love everything that Holt says – honestly he just is the best. But this is seriously such a good show to watch if you’re looking for a quick show that makes you laugh (with the added seriousness now and then).
- Game of Thrones – My girls, Arya and Sansa, have been through so much and I just love all of them and also why do all my favourite secondary/normal characters have to be killed off? (can you tell that I drafted the first bit of this tag a while ago? Even though this is over) and the last season wasn’t the greatest it could’ve been, I still love this series and would watch it again. Next are the books, I’m thinking 😄
- Stranger Things – This show has amazing characters and character arcs (Steve is just the absolute best) and the storylines are just amazing and I love all the references!!
- Gossip Girl – This was everything back in the day and I still need to finish it now but like I love just looking at what they’re wearing (like how do they get away with it? Where are the school rules? They wear school uniforms so clearly they should have unform rules?) and of course all the phones back then.
- Criminal Minds – I’ve grown up with these types of crime shows – watched all the CSI’s with my parents, moved onto the others – CM, Psych (which I love), Mentalist (another one), etc – and I always like watching the crime shows that are a bit more than crime shows – like Mentalist, where Patrick Jane is funny and likes to pretend he’s a psychic sometimes, or like Criminal Minds where it’s profiling the suspect.
- America’s Next Top Model – I’m very very behind on this show (like S4 behind), but this show is just one of my favourites and it’s, yes, it’s a little trashy, but I like that about it.
2. Favourite genres?
I’m very across the board with my genres as I watch a lot of shows. Basically if the synopsis sounds good, or it’s been hyped up by reviewers, or if there’s any of the cast that I know and like, I’ll add it to my list. I think crime shows, fantasy/paranormal/sci-fi shows, and high school-centred shows are my favourite favourite genres. But I do also like medical shows and some sitcoms work for me – like, I can watch The Big Bang Theory, but not as much as I used to back then, mostly because all the jokes are just annoying.
3. Least favourite show?
While I was still writing this in the beginning, I wrote Riverdale here. But I’ve now watched a season of Riverdale and while the writing and characters can be a bit… over the top at times? I still like it.
But my least favourite show is probably a show that doesn’t hold much interest for me – I know, very vague – but it’s true. If I watch an episode of a show and don’t like it, I won’t watch it. And I actually forget about the name. Like True Detective – my dad and I tried watching it and it never grew on us. On the other hand, he loved Westworld and I found it weird and probably won’t watch it again. Or maybe I will if I follow along with an Unspoiled podcast.
Or my least favourite show would also be some types of reality tv shows – there are those I like (ANTM!!!) and there’s those I don’t watch (The Bachelor. I just don’t understand the hype). Or any type of dating shows or anything to do with weddings.
4. Most rewatched show/favourite show to binge watch?
Oh boy. Okay, so: Glee, Grey’s Anatomy. Supernatural. Even though I haven’t caught up a lot re Greys and SPN.
5. Do you prefer watching week-by-week or binge watching?
Binge watching. Definitely binge watching. Sometimes I’ll even wait for a season to finish so I can just watch all of it in one go rather than wait for them to come out – like I like to know what happens in the next episode and don’t like it if there’s no new episodes. I mean if it’s a series I’m really really into I’ll watch it week-by-week but I won’t like it and will try to focus on another series so I don’t have to cry about not seeing the new episode.
6. Favourite TV characters?
I’m just going to list by series.
- Teen Wolf
- Stiles Stilinski
- Mason Hewitt
- Derek Hale
- Skam (Norwegian)
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Christina Yang, always.
- Nico Kim
- Literally just the entire B-Team.
- Dean Winchester
- Sam Winchester
- Castiel Winchester
- Kurt Hummel
- Blaine Anderson
- Mercedes Jones
- Quinn Fabray
- Mike Chang
- The Magicians
- Quentin Coldwater
- Eliot Waugh.
7. Favourite tv ships
I’m just going to try to keep to established ships and not fan ships because honestly we could be here all night.
Schmico (Levi Schmitt and Nico Kim) from Grey’s Anatomy – they’re newly found and newly loved, by me. I love them very much and they’re so fantastically precious.
Klaine (Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson) from Glee – I know the specific episodes where they have couple moments so I’ll go watch just that part and then choose another series to keep on watching.
Even (Isak and Even) from Skam. These two are just too adorable for words and they’ve been through so much and I just want to see them always on my screen.
Gallavich (Ian Gallagher and Micky Milkovich) from Shameless. The reason how I got into this show is because of my friend kept sending me like a million of their scenes and quotes from Tumblr until I caved and watched it.
8. Shows you could never get into?
True Detective – I watched the first episode and nothing in it interested me? So I left it and went to watch something else.
Penny Dreadful – I tried getting into this because I think this has Famke Jansen in? Or maybe it’s another series? I just didn’t pay any attention and the story didn’t seem like it was progressing so I stopped watching it.
I did mention it earlier, but Westworld. I didn’t understand the concept and it bored me so much.
9. Show you fell out of love with?
Shameless. Listen, I love Shameless. So much! But I think the last episode I remembered watching was somewhere in the sixth season. Or very early in the seventh season. I think the writing has just been really lacking and while I have started it over again – because I couldn’t remember half the things that go into this series (meaning all the weird-ass moments, and also anything Frank says); I will probably zone out once the writing goes south.
Arrow – yeah, as much as I loved Felicity, the show was getting so boring. I’ll probably pick it up in the future, knowing now that it has an end date (I think).
10. Cancelled too soon.
TERRA NOVA TERRA NOVA TERRA NOVA. Like I barely remember what happened in there but I remember there being dinosaurs and a another world in it and listen, I love dinosaurs very very much.
Also, THE WHISPERS. Like how could you watch that first season AND NOT want another season?? It had so much intrigue and was amazing and they just decided to cancel it? Networks seriously do not understand how to read audiences. The audiences know how to read audiences and therefore should be hired. In this essay I will –
11. Guilty Pleasure show?
America’s Next Top Model. My top guilty pleasure show – this is the best and I just love watching the models and going ‘this is not how you model’ even though I have like no modelling experience. Also I like watching the models gossip about the other models. And the makeover episodes are my favourite to watch. Like, girl??? Why are you crying about cutting your hair??? It grows back??
12. What are you currently watching?
I have a sticky note on my laptop that I use to track all the shows I’m currently watching by season and episode. I also use TV Time (in case you use that to keep track of everything, or want to, feel free to add me as a friend). I’ll list my shows here as actually currently watching and watching but not currently and won’t even mention the shows I still need to finish but just haven’t gotten around to.
|Actually Currently Watching||Watching but not currently|
|American Horror Story||The Vampire Diaries|
|One Day at a Time||Supernatural|
|Pretty Little Liars||Tokyo Mew Mew|
|Winx Club||Doctor Who|
|Queer Eye||The Magicians|
|Pokémon: Indigo League||Gossip Girl|
|DC Titans||Good Girls|
|The 100||Derry Girls|
That’s all the shows I’m watching (I joke, there’s so many more that should actually be under the Watching, but not currently column. And then probably some in the Actually Currently Watching column.
I’m tagging Jayati @ It’s Just a Coffee Addicted Bibliophile, Arya @ Arya’s Fangirl Lexion, Lindsey @ Singer of Stories, Sarah @ Earth to Sarah, Deyae @ Liborum in Sempiternum, and of course anyone who wants to do it!